Friday, June 27, 2008

The new adventure


My dear friends-

I have been stable in Knysna, feet on the ground for a year and a half ( except for a little side trip to Marion Island..) so before the wanderlust dims and fades, heaven forbid, I am frantically preparing for the next adventure. But this time I have slightly more credibility as it is a - sort of- job. I am the Medic on a cycling expedition from Istanbul to Beijing, starting on the 26th July and ending in a chilly Beijing on 12th November when the city will still be reeling from the Olympic hype. The expedition company is well known to me - it is Tour D'Afrique who first lured me into trans continental bike travel in 2006 when I rode Cape to Cairo and achieved EFI status. ( EFI ? --every f-----g inch )

Being a member of staff brings with it a new perspective and new challenges. Thankfully, the group is small - about 22 members, so hopefully, less chance of medical emergencies.

No comments: